LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Palash Mukherjee (Executive)     14 October 2012

Cheating/supression of facts

I am a Hindu man married few months back. My wife is staying at her parental household for the last couple of months. Right from day one of marriage till her fortnight stay at her matrimonial house, she never allowed her husband to consummate the marriage. She was determined not to have any sort of physical intimacy with her conjugal partner. Subsequently she has not even given her consent to meeting a counsellor along with her husband to address her problems. Although she had sent a reconciliation notice through her advocate, she has not taken any action after her husband responded positively to the notice. All subsequent actions and communications clearly suggest that the wife never got married for leading a normal conjugal life but to extract money from her husband. It was business for her and not about leading a maaried life. Under such circumstances, can i file a case of cheating through a criminal lawyer in an appropriate court of law? If so done, can this action of mine insulate me from false 498 cases being filed later by my wife? Also what can be the repurcussions of this action if the worst comes upon us?

Learning

2 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     15 October 2012

Since your ld. lawyer as per your other post has already guided you not to file RCR then there is nothing left to guide you other than "filing cheating case" will not help you and it is bound to get dismissed at admission hearing stage itself. Rest depends upon you and your ld. advocates wisdom which you are cross checking here by this post and previous one.

stanley (Freedom)     15 October 2012

There is no insulation after marriage for 498 A or DV act as a matter of fact it is a good condutor of electricity to give you the shocks and vibes of  married life and to bring you down to a settlement for abstraction of your money .As it comes your way the best remedy is to contest it and fight it out without any settlement to break them down and not to worry at this stage . Since worrying does not solve your issues . So be happy and dont worry as it comes your way contest the cases .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register