LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jagadeesh Birkodikar (Proprietor)     22 September 2012

Vkalatnama

This is a matter filed under Karnataka Stamp Act. I have applied for registration of partnership deed beofre registrar. Registrar is denying to issue registratin certificate although I have filed Vakalatnama duly signed & stamped.  He states the reason that an Advocate is not authorised to collect partnership registration certificate and for that I have to file power of attorny and not Vakaltnama. Isregistrar right in his say?

Can he deny to issue certificate to Advocate? I seek answers/guidence with legal force such as sections. rules or judgements.

Learning

2 Replies

Atul D Suryavanshi (Attorney - JC Law Firm)     23 September 2012

Hi Jagadeesh,

On Basis of VAKALATNAMA Advocates are permitted to act before Court, Tribunal, Forum etc.... As the Office of Registerar of Firm is not fall in these categories Advocate can not act on behalf of you on the Basis of VAKALATANAMA. 

Hence the Registerar rightly said to file PoA. Though the Contents of VAKALATNAMA and PoA are nearly same, the puropse and authorative powers varies in both. 

Hope it will help you.

Feel free to conatct if further  help is required.

Regards,

Atul Suryavanshi

Managing Partner

JC Law Firm

Mobile- 09923552956

Email: atul@jclawfirm.in

Rajinder Kumar (Prop.)     01 October 2012

Hello Jagadeesh sir,

On Basis of VAKALATNAMA Advocates are permitted to act before Court, Tribunal, Forum etc.... As the Office of Registerar of Firm is ALSO IS COURT WHEN HE ISSED THE NOTICE  UNDER CPC TO ANY PARTY

DEAR id you want letigation on this point you can get the infromatiam under rti why you are not issueing the certificate by hand to his counsel

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register