Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anon Unknown (Writer)     19 July 2012

Property partition survey

Hi All:

My paternal grandfather and grandmother passed away without making a will for their property of 6.2 acres. My paternal grandfather predeceased my grandmother in 1981. My grandmother passed away in 1996. 1 acre of the property is in my grandfather's name and the rest (5.02 acres) is in my grandmother's name. It was their self-earned property and the RTC, etc. are still in their name even after all these years after their death. They have 5 children including a girl. My father who was the eldest son also passed away in April, 2009. He is survived by my mother and me. My father's siblings who were until then saying that the property would be divided equally among all the 5 started refusing to give our part in it. So we served the notice through an advocate and on not receiving a favorable response from them, we filed a partition suit in 2011. The case has now come for hearing and subsequently the judge advised the two parties to compromise. We and our relatives agreed for a compromise and the judge told us to get a survey of the property done and come back on the next date with a report.

The problem I am facing is that we are not sure about the nature of the survey, whether it can be a private survey or government survey. Our lawyer says that we should get a premutation survey  or a 11 E survey. But in this case none of our names are in the RTC. Please let me know if there is any solution to this confusion. Any information about the nature of the survey and steps to be followed to get this survey done will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shalini

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register