Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

A (Engineer)     19 July 2012

Landlord trying to evict with very short notice

Hello experts,

I am staying in a room in a hostel and have been for more than a year. I have no formal written agreement with my landlord. I pay rent every month at the end of the month or the beginning of the next month. I get a receipt for the rent paid but the landlord mentions it as 'Administrative Charges', rather than as rent. I haven't yet paid the rent for this month, as is customary, I normally pay it at the end or next month. Now suddenly he has asked me to vacate in one weeks time. This is too short a period for me to find another place to stay. When I mentioned this he told me that we dont have any agreement so he can do this. Does the law allow them to vacate people with such short notice, in the case that there is no written agreement?

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 July 2012

Yes. He can do

A (Engineer)     19 July 2012

Hi,

Thanks for the response. In the case that I vacate in the middle of  the month (Having been asked to do so by the landlord), am I liable to pay the rent for this current month(I have not yet paid this, though I have paid for last month), considering that I don't have any written agreement with the landlord?

Thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register