LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjeev grover (proprietor)     10 July 2012

Laws regarding sucession

i want to get  some information regarding sucssion laws (about property) in pune maharashtra

Learning

6 Replies

Akshhay Sharrma (AccountManager)     10 July 2012

I am married with a son and stay with my parents. I also have a Legally Divorced sister with her daughter.

My father after my sister's divorce got totally against me and they want to give awaty all his property to my sister and her daughter.

Do I have a right to claim any of his property on my name or my son?

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     10 July 2012

Dear Mr.Sharma, 

The answer depends on "how the property came to be acquired by your father" If it is ancestral property then you cannot be deprived of your share, if it was self acquired father is free to give it to one to the exclusion of all others or even to an outsider. 

it is self acquired by him but he sold our ancestral property after my grandparents death and took his share from that (Do i own anything in that share, though it has been sold)....also is there no right of my son on my fathers property?

One more thing...can i stay in their house till i want...or he can get me out anytime he feels

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register