Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Susanna Ramoorthy (HR Generalist)     03 July 2012

Can minor child acquire ancestral property of her father ?

Can my minor child acquire the Ancestral property of her father?

Why i have to ask is , currently we are in a dispute for divorce, i am willing to divorce my husband, but i have to make my minor child's life safe , as she should get what she deserves.

The property is in my hus name, but his father(husabnd father) is still alive, husband's father got the property from his father....so is my minor child eligible for the property?

I am sure my husdnd's family will not be happy to share the property to the child, so i nedd legal help!

Is my minor child has legal rights for the ancestral property even if its NOT IN my husband's name , I MEAN MAY BE STILL IN MY HUSBAND'S FATHER'S NAME as he is still alive!!

Please help me....as i am facing a divorce in front of me.....

I need a legal help...........................

Learning

2 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     06 July 2012

madam the property you are talking about is ancessotral property

even this property is in your father in laws name no matters your minor child and even you are eligible for share under that property

and rest is transfering the share of your husbands property to you ,he can make gift or will in your child name but its risky factor as he can revoke gift or will any time so better you will ask him to sell his share to your name

feel free to call between 1-2 pm

Hemang (Advocate)     07 July 2012

Both will be legally eligible to share. Any co-parcener has a right to ask for the same. The reason being the ancestral property. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register