Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pushkar (DR)     29 June 2012

Same complaint after dismissal

Hi,

If direction under 156 (3) issued to police and police file final report and the JM dismisses complaint. Also sessions court dismisses revision application in the same. Can the complainant file the same complaint again with police or the court for re investigation. Is there any such provision in the crpc.

Learning

4 Replies

ravindra (Analyst)     29 June 2012

u can appeal to HC if u r not satisfied with judgemnt by JM and session court

Pushkar (DR)     29 June 2012

But can I file the same complaint if I think I have some additional evidence.

ravindra (Analyst)     29 June 2012

You should provide such additional evidence (duplicate copy) to police and if police not takeing such additional evidence than u can make affidavit with that evidence and submit befor JM

thanks

ravindra sonavane

(Guest)

Dear Pushkar,

First of all the judgment of 1999 which stated that if the police files a report stating that the offence has not taken place and the dismisses the application u/s 156 (3) Cr P C and further stated that the complainant is not having right to prefer complaint u/s 200 of Cr P C is over ruled.

That, as of now the situation is even if there is a police report which states that the offence has not taken place, it is the jurisdiction of the Magistrate to take cognizance of the offence and record evidence of the complainant u/s 200 of Cr P C and call for report and can proceed further to record evidence u/s 202 of Cr P C of the complainant and witnesses and can issue process to the accused persons.

That in view your Criminal Revision Application having been dismissed by Court of Sessions, prefer Criminal Application u/s 482 of Cr P C challenging the veracity and illegality of the order dismissing your application u/s 156 (s) Cr P C.

If required, will send you the citation where in Apex court as well has held and stated that it is jurisdiction of the Magistrate to try the application u/s 156 (3) Cr P C as a private complaint u/s 200 of cr P C.

Hope this satifies your querry. Feel free to communicate.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register