Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashutosh Choubey (Company Secretary)     30 May 2009

Damage certificate in Insurance claim

Dear All

What is the vitality of Damage Certificate from Shipping company or port authority in obtaining of claim for damages caused to the goods insured. Can an insurer outrightly deny the claim in case the insured company inadvertently or mistakenly failed to obtain Damage Certificate at the time of destuffing of containers and unloading of goods at port in the course of its import. Since it is a case that I am dealing with in my company. please enlighten and suggest what stand we should adopt against the insurance company

Please enlighten and

Learning

1 Replies

Shuchika (Insurance)     25 June 2009

Dear Ashutosh,

Damage certificate is an audit clause and if it required by insurer then u have to submitt the same for the recovery of  loss because when u receive the payment of loss the insurer recover that money from transporter ant it can not get that money without Damage Certificate and subrogation, if you are not able to get the damage certificate from transporter u can not get the full payment of loss, the insurer will deduct 25% to 30% of the Loss amount and i think its better than the rejection.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register