LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ibrahim khaleel (analyst)     31 May 2012

Property registration not done

Case hostory :- my father has sold house in the year 2004, trade was done in varble aggreement,their was no legal farmalities done,not taken concent any of the children ( 6 siblings) deal was for 9.6 lakhs which is very less to the market value at that point of period.my father expired in the year 2007, )  and the buyer expired in the year 2006,transafer or registration of property still not done..same is still in my mother name,

My quairy is if we (6 siblings) rise litigation on the property will we be able to regester the property in any of our name ? do we have legal rights on the property ?

Regards

ibrahim khaleel

Learning

2 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     31 May 2012

Oral Sale of the house, is of no effect in the eyes of law, if it had been an oral gift(hiba) matters would have been different. As of now you are the owners, and can seek or continue possession.

Feel free to talk !

1 Like

ibrahim khaleel (analyst)     01 June 2012

Dear Bharath Chugh

Thanks for the update. my question now is so far from 2004 they are only paying the property tax ,water and electricity of the house.. they have thos recipts in case at time of deal if they made any written formalities in normal sheet of paper..

Will thos recipt or if they provide any paper which sighned by buyer or seller, is their any chance of rights in law whare they can prove themself as owner of the property.

Regards

ibrahim khaleel

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register