LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

yuvnesh subramanian (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     23 May 2012

Bank transaction

Dear Sir, One of my friend pledge his jewel in a private bank for 3.5 lakhs and he informed the bank people to transfer the same amount in his Saving account. The same has been Deposited ny the banker. But unfortunatly istead of 3.5 lakhs they have transfered (two) 3.5 totoal of 7.00 lakhs to my friends account after two days he was surprised and with a good will he informed the bank regarding this transaction /Deposits. But the bankers not very repsonsive in accepting their mistakes, but they were without any information to my friends knowledge they have taken back that amount.

Do the bank have the rights to play in his account if?if in case we need any query we have to fill application/challans/slip to make the transactions /request to be made sucessful.But without any the above not even a single request to my friend they taken back 3.5 lakhs after two days.Dont they have any rules for that?

Kindly clarify me.

yuvnesh

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 May 2012

The letter of apology or even thanks by bank shall pose serious ramifications to the bankers.Hence they have withdrawn the excess payment.They must have done so by cancelling the erratic entry. The BM, staff must have expressed thanks verbally.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register