Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M.Sadananda (Team-Leader)     23 April 2012

Seeking divorce advise for my brother

Hi,

My brother was married 5 yrs back. His wife left him immediately after marriage and hardly stayed with him for a week or so. After this Family negotiations happened with no result. From the behavior and attitude of the in-laws of him indicate they are seeking after material benefits from him and the girl is just nodding to everything to her father deeds. They haven't approached us after that for any sort of negotiations. We don't want to pursue after this as they are just behind his money. My brother is employed with one of the top MNC's and working as a manager. Please advise us how to go about this as we were not in this position any a time before in life.

Learning

3 Replies

Deepak Nair (lawyer)     23 April 2012

You are advised to contact a lawyer handling matrimonial cases.

It is better to file a petition for divorce by mutual consent. Speak to them and convince them to file the petition.

M.Sadananda (Team-Leader)     24 April 2012

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The thing is that they are very adament and rude. We went in around and did one or two rounds of convincing them. Once my mother went to bring her home back from her native. They didn't turn up citing some reasons. My mother came back. They are just waiting that we only initiate the proceedings of whatever nature so that they can extract money from us. So are they any provision that after some years the marriage becomes invalid if they are together or something in the law that is favoring our situation. We want to go prepared to anybody so that we won't be cheated or taken for granted. Please provide us some insight.

Deep Narayan (learning)     29 May 2012

yes u can ask them for divorce on mutual concent.

remember that they cannot do anything bcoz doing any thing illegally would create problem for them only in future.dny frighten.

just wait for thier action as they are not in the position do so.

they can file a false case of 498a or soem like these bt they also have to prove their alligation.

seek advice from a lawyer for the same.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register