Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pushkar (DR)     22 April 2012

Probate of will

Hi,

If a person (A) acquired a property through will from his father. (A) in turn has 7 children. Can he give the property to just 1 of his children by will saying that only 1 child took care of him during his old age.

Learning

6 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     22 April 2012

He inherit the property through the will of his father, and he can dispose the same through his will to any of his son.

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     22 April 2012

Property acquired through will (in absence of specific directions) is seperate property - and a person is free to do whatever he likes in or after his lifetime.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     22 April 2012

If it is his self acquired property then he can give it to anybody. Property acquired thru., the will amounts to his self property so he can execute the will in favour of his son.

Karan (manager)     22 April 2012

My grandfather executed partition deed to his children (6 in total). Now, people say that I have right over that property. Is that ancestral property? 

Pushkar (DR)     23 April 2012

Karan, I think you will have a right over the share of your father who in turn had received it from your grandfather vide the partition deed.

vetrivelan.s (Consultancy )     28 April 2012

HATS OFF TO ALL ,

PL NOTE WILL MUST BE PROBATED IF THE SAID WILL IS EXECUTED IN THE CITIES OF MUMBAI(BOMBAY),CHENNAI(MADRAS) IRRESEPECTIVE OF  A REGISTERED WILL  OR UNREGISTERED WILL.  IN CASE OF OTHER CITIES IT IS NOT A MUST UNLESS OR OTHERWISE ANY ISSUES ARE MADE ON THE WILL.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register