LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SHILPA JAIN (EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR)     21 April 2012

Changing a name

CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT ARE THE PROCEDURES FOR A NAME CHANGE ON A BIRTH CERTIFICATE AS MY CHILD IS ONLY 1YR 6MNTS ONLY AS HE WILL BE GOING TO SCHOOL/PLAYSCHOOL SOON,PLEASE HELP ME AND LET ME KNOW WHERE TO GO FOR A NAME CHANGE IN MUMBAI

THANKS

SHILPA 

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     21 April 2012

For changing of a Name, different procedures are followed in different States/Countries. If change of  Name involves any difficult procedure,  the person concerned has to consult an Advocate.However the parents can file a petition in the First Class Magistrate's  Court, to change the Name of a Minor child. If both parents of the child are living, both must sign on the affidavit to be filed in Court,  to change the name of a Minor Child.Some courts may allow a single parent to  sign on the affidavit for a child without the other parent's concern.  Courts usually look at what would be in the best interest of the child in granting a petition to change the child's Name. After the petition for a change of Name has been granted, the person must be known and referred to by the new Name only.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register