Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

desertedhusband (na)     03 April 2012

Is this a good decision?

Hi law experts,

After doing lot of research here and there, and talking to some experienced people and also going through so many blogs here on lawyersclubindia.com, I am thinking to file the divorce case in a foreign country where I am living rather than in India. Its not complicated over here and also not biased. But the people whom I have been discussing with, some are victims like myself and others wellwishers, are telling me that once I file for divorce here in the country I am living, I will to have accept that I may not be able to travel back to India because my wife can put criminal cases like 498A etc or even go to Interpol for that matter. Infact my well-wishers are suggesting me that I should I avoid to travel to India as my in-laws can easily hold me there by putting 498A and I may not be able to come back easily because even police and court are helpful to women side only.

I request the experts to throw some light on this and help me to decide what should I do? 

to be honest I am realy not interested to start divorce process in India after reading so many bad experiences and facts. But for sure I want to get rid of my so called marriage.

Is it true that the court in India proceed only when summons have been accepted? 

Regards,

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register