LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hari Krishnan Pillai (Doctor)     02 April 2012

Changing a load of documents for my degree certificate

I have just finished my MBBS course from Kerala December 2011) and I have got my Medical Licence,but a few days ago I was contacted by my university telling me that they cannot issue my Degree certificate to me because of a problem with the name apparently. My name in my 10th and 12th certificate varies to the extent that in 10th its like <First><Middle> space <last> and in my 12th its like <First> space <middle> space <last>. Now supposedly my university uses the 12th as base for everything except the degree certificate and my college uses 10th as a base. So all university records have come with the name as 3 words but college has everything with 2 words (first and second names attached). But now they (university) r telling me , they need the 12th certificate to be changed first before issuing my degree certificate. For changing 12th, I have to go back to my school, and the school is in the Middle East. Even if I do give an application supposedly this takes around a year to get done. I have just gotten admission from a University in USA for doing my Masters and I'm pretty sure they will ask me for a copy of my bachelors certificate. Even if they dont, I will need a copy of my final degree certificate to be sent to the US medical licencing board within the next few months. I asked the university regarding getting an affidavit from a notary public saying its all one and the same person, and whether it would help and so far they haven't agreed to it.

Is there anything I can do, short from loosing my admission in the US and sitting idle for a year for CBSE to change my name ????

PS: I have already asked for an affidavit so that will probably be ready by this evening. Thank you !!

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register