Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Viaji kirthi (Manager)     18 February 2012

Help to send rti application through post office

" NAMASTHE"
                         Kindly help, I had applied to CAPIO, Southern Railway for information through CPIO, Postmaster of Head  Post Office, Mandya, KARNATAKA, Today I received an letter from the CAPIO, Southern Railway stating that the Required fee of 10 had been Submitted to post Mster, Mandya HPO, which has been deposited in there account, According to the SEC.6 (1) of the RTI I need to send the Amount to the Concern in the Form of IPO/DD/ bankers Cheque. as per ( Amended GSR 239(A)17.05.2006) Which violates the Basic spirit of the act, I have submitted my RTI application to the Postmaster where in they have sent through from there Concern, Wherein I have saved the Register post Charges, I need clarification from the Members, is there any way I can Defend that the Initial Sum Submitted in the Post office account is still Valid under the Act, Kindly Help m out.

Thanks in advance.....Vijai Kirthi, Mandya

Learning

3 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     19 February 2012

Send an appeal to the first Appellate authority with the details of the Payment of the fee to the Post office and their forwarding of the RTI Application to the conerned PIO.Also bring the letter of the PIO to the notice of the Postal authrities that the Payment to the Post office is rejected by the PIO. In some instances, the facility provided by the Department of Posts with regard to the Information Act 2005 is yet to be realised.

Viaji kirthi (Manager)     21 February 2012

'NAMASTHE",

Many thanks for the concern shown to my Thread, I Respectfully takend all the your and Today Morning I have filled an Appeal to the Concern FAA of the Railway, Stating that SEC 5(1) of the RTI act allows me to send the RTI application through the Postal DEPT. and The postal Department RTI manual Rule no.17, Allows me to send the same from them,

I really Enjoyed all the your Suggestions and the Thoughts to me.

My Honorable Thanks to all the Res.  ISSAC GABREIL ji and to the ADMIN. in this  Regard. . . .  .  .   Vijai Kirthi, Mandya 

Viaji kirthi (Manager)     04 March 2012

NAMASTHE"

Many thanks for the reply I received from the Isac Gabrei sir, yesterday Only i received the letter from the Soth western Raiway, The Following is the Information I received,

With reference to your appeal dt.21.02.2012,it is noticed that your are Quoting Sec 5 (2) of RTI act, 2005 from as per notification dated 16.09.2005 from the ministry of personnel public Grievnces & Pension. as per RTI ( Regulation of Fee and Cost) Rules, 2005 (central) as amended by GSR 294(E), dt 17.05.06"a request for obtaining information under Sub- section(1) of SEc 6 shall be accompained by an application feee of RS.10/- by way of cash against Proper receipt or D.D or Bankers Cheque or Postal order (Amended GSR 2949 (A) 17.05.06) Payable to the Accounts officer of the Public Authority" ( copy enclosed ). A copy of notification dt F.NO> 340128(S) 2005 - Ett(B) dt. 17.09.2005, issued by Ministry of personnel, Public Greivances & pensions DEP. of personnel & Training is also enclosedherewith for ready Refence.

DY G.M (G)  & Cpio, Soth wwestern Railway, HUbli and Finacial Adviser & cheif Accounts Officers & South westrern Railway, Accounts officer are designated as public Authority for railway organisation. There is no provision to transwer RS. 10 paid by you to Postal authority to railways through UCR Receipt.

And the ACPIO, had oce again requset to send the Prescribed fee to Accounts officer and the Requested information will be sent.

As per members advice, How I can Defend my case, as per your Earlier adice I apllied to the First Appealent Authority.

Thanks -------Vijai Kirthi, Mandya

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register