Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raghavendra (dont know)     18 February 2012

Married woman property act

Dear sir,

I would like to know about the married woman property act. After a woman is married, can the wife has the money ie., fixed deposits and properties under this act. So that no one can touch it. Please let me know the procedure and required documents when the wife of person would like to have her fixed deposits in bank under married woman property act and also the land.

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)

Marital Property Act is Carefully Drafted to Rob Husband's Assets.
Any Property or Asset of Wife will be Treated as "Streedhan". Wheather Jewellery, Land, Gifts, FDs or any other thing. And Laws Says whatever covers as "Streedhan" wil be her till her, throughout life.

Remaining & Rest any Asset her Husband Has will be divided at 50% as per Marital Property Act.

There is No Safe guard to husband in this.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     18 February 2012

Really Bad Law!

What is the current status of this law..............any methods to nip the evil in the bud?

stanley (Freedom)     12 March 2012

what about the womans assets in terms of property FD's etc are they divided equally with the Husband too.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     12 March 2012

"So that no one can touch it"  -  Actually it is called 'stridhan'. It is protected in favour of women.

Is there any other law in this regard?

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     12 March 2012

The law is yet to come on the drafting board, let alone passed.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

bhagwan (owner)     29 March 2012

RESPECTED MR. SHONEE KAPOOR, AS ALREADY I STATED THAT I MARRIED WITH DIVORECEE GIRL IN YEAR 2001, SHE WAS HAVING DIVORECE FROM EARLIER HUSBAND ON STAMP PAPER BUT REGISTERED IN SUBREGISTRAR OFFICE.ON HER PRVIOUS HUSBAND SHE CHARGED 498A ANDOTHER AND COLLECTED AMOUNT, WITH ME SHE STAY 10 MONTHS, ON US ALSO SHE FILED 498A, AS I WAS IN LOT OF DEPRESSION DUE TO OLD PARENTS AND SINGLE SON ,AND TO AVIOD HARRASEMENT I PAID LOT OF MONEY TO HER. WE MADE DEED OF DIVORECE SAME AS SHE WAS HAVING WITH PREVIOUS HUSBAND AND REGISTERED IN SUB REGISTRAR OFFICE AND PAID GOVERNMENT STAMP DUTY . PLS LET ME KNOW WHAT IS MY POSITION/ WHETHER WITH THIS LAW WHAT I PURCHASED FROM YEAR 2002 TO 2006 AS PROPERTY WHETHER NOW ALSO I AM BOUND?

PLS HELP AMD GIVE ME YOUR MOBILE NUMBER IF I NEED BADLY.

PLS THANKS

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register