LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priya (none)     29 January 2012

Post ur sugestion

Without Mutual consent ? hw long it ill take 2 get divorce ??

Learning

12 Replies

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     29 January 2012

it may take 5-7 years and still the order is challengeable in a superior court by the person who feels aggrieved by the order.

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     29 January 2012

Dear Priya,

If the opposite party does not appear after recieving notice, matter will be decided exparte in a short period.

If matter is contested, nobody can say the exact time of disposal.  It depends on several factors like business of court etc.

tanmoy (.....)     29 January 2012

For men, lets assume that wife wants to contest divorce case if divorce is filed by husbend after false 498a (However it is about to go trial).. 

How long typically take...

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     29 January 2012

Generally contested petitions take 2-3 years before lower court and nothing can be commented about upper courts.

Priya (none)     30 January 2012

Thanks for ur replies...

I didnt live with tat person even a single day ?? is ter any posibilities 2 ask interim maintainance ??

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     30 January 2012

Divorce is not granted without valid grounds.

Contested divorce is the most difficult thing to obtain.

Provide the facts of ur case clearly, so that experts can guide u properly.

PS :

u didnt stay with ur husband just for a single day. 

so, why did u get married to him ? for maintenance ??

Priya (none)     31 January 2012

Im Much wealther than the person ( maried ) ... Experts guide me to ask interim so only i ask ?? guy maried me for my wealth

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     31 January 2012

forget about getting maintenance - if u r wealthier than the husband.

concentrate on ur ultimate goal - Getting Divorce.

Cunning fellow spoil my life ( just did register marage ) .. without knwing the seriouness i sign the papers in the register ofis  .. Nw he s troubling me a lot ...Its not my ultimate goal ( its my life time goal ) ..

Amit sir ...read the forum with the title " Need help for my critical situation " .. aftr tat u ill realise my situation ..day to day my depression win than my confidence level because of tis issue ...

Amit sir

Check ur inbox sir ...I tel everything abt me...Each & every day  im having so many negative thoughts to  finish my life  ..But my  Dad flasshes before my eyes  I quit tat thought sir ... many times im doing abnormal things like cuting my hand , injure my head ..... last week im admited to neural check up sir ?? wat can i do ?? i personaly felt tat im not fit to survive in tis world ... I made one thing as clear ...  I dont wish to continue the relationship with tat person at any cost ?? I personaly plan to win the divorce case with in 2 yrs if not (.......) tis s my situation ?? I think im put on tis planet to fulfill others selfish thoughts .....

With tears

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     31 January 2012

Your guess is as good as mine.

If the marriage is because of fraud, it can be annulled even, however that would depend on the facts of the case.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register