Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sapnalakshmi (AE)     27 January 2012

Need help

Hi.........

My Mother has 3 sites at Bangalore. The site was purchased and registered on her name  when we stay at Bangalore. Later we have shifted out of Bangalore.  After long gap when we are in need to sell the property, we find that the

a) Original Documents are missing, but we have the copy of sale dead.

b) We know the Khatha numbers.. How it can help us getting the a duplicate copy of document.

b) We have not paid any property tax till date. is there tax applicaple for this ?, If yes what is process?

Please help us to ensure we have the relevent property documents.

SAPNA

Learning

4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     27 January 2012

When you know the number you wont face difficulty to get the certified copy of the sale deed from the concerned sub registrar office.

First you apply for the property extract and also make an enquiry in the Muncipality or Gram Panchyat  regarding the tax.

After obtaining the property extract you can apply for the certified copy of the sale deed.

Sapnalakshmi (AE)     27 January 2012

Thank U Very Much Sir.......

SAPNA

srikanth_thakur (lawyer)     27 January 2012

you can sell away the property by obtainig certified copies of the sale deeds from the sub registrar office. You have to lodge a report in the police station about missing of the originals and they will issue a certificate  that the documennts are not traceable. they you can sell away your property at your will.  

Sapnalakshmi (AE)     10 February 2012

Thanks Every one...

a) I have visisted the local BBMP office and asked for the Katha Extract for the property, they verfied thier records and informed that it is not listed in their regsiter. And adviced to bring the original sale deed and tax reciepts. I told them that we lost the original sale deed and yet to pay the tax also, they adviced  to bring the certified copy of the SD. I have alos collected the details of Tax to be paid from them.

b) As per the advice i have applied for duplicate copy of the sale deed duly attested by the sub-register.  Actually it is not copy of the sale deed (not in stamp paper), it is copy of the thier register which contains the content of our sale deed.  ie it is is xeroxed from the book of register, stamped and signed. Hope this will support for our furthur activity.

c) To pay the TAX, hope the above document is sufficent. This is the first time i am paying tax for the property. Which form should i use and what are the supporitng documents we should submit. Please advice.

d) BBMP also asks for the betterment charges. Is this necessary to pay immedialty ? please advice.

SAPNA

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register