Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjeev001 (executive)     23 January 2012

Can separation be filed within one year of marriage

Dear sir/madam,

i wish to file a separation petition in the court, due to maritial problems at home, my wife accused me of being impotent on the first day of marriage, on the second day she threw away my mangalsutra, though i dont have evidence to prove these points, i would like to know the following.

can i file for a separation within one year of marriage, what is the difference between separation and divorce.

is my point strong enough to ask for separation, if not for divorce, as i dont want to stay with her, even though she is not ready to leave me and wants to take revenge from me.

she has threatened to kill me and threatened to put my parents behind bars, and ready to file 498A against us, though we are now living separately from my family since the last 3 months. 

she is accusing my parents and my self of mental cruelty and threating to file cases against all of us, even though i am not at home during most part of the day and she stays alone at  the separate house, we had been counselled at a local police station earlier, that time she never filed any case on us, so can a case be strong enough if she files it now, as at an earlier opportunity during counselling she never filed any case

can accusation of impotency, throwing away of mangalsutra, forceful separation from my family, threating to kill me and not ready to allow me into the house when i come back to work, be strong points to seek a separation, as our marriage has not completed 1 year. 

kindly advice on the above mattter

thanks and regards

Learning

1 Replies

khushboo (Advocate)     24 January 2012

Dear Slient

For any sort of proceedings in the matrimonail aspect you need to complete atleast one year of marriage and since you have already completed it then you can go for sepration.

for any assitance

yuo may call me at

Advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register