Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

junaid adil (owner)     18 January 2012

Regarding a summon

Dear All,

I'd recieved a phone call yesterday from someone claiming to be a sub inspector of delhi police, he said there's a summon being issued in my name from delhi high court. He said it'll be delivered to me by local police in 30 mins (which didn't happene) I was shocked as I don't reside in delhi and as far as I can remember I have never committed a crime in delhi or for that matter anywhere. This is my first experience of summons and all this legal issues. I don't even know for what I was being charged or for what crime or issue a summon has been issued in my name. Can any of you esteemed members help and tell me what to do?

Learning

9 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     18 January 2012

Dear Junaid No need to worry about it, some fools live in delhi too feel free to call me

Thank you sir, but he was confirming my address which he already had with him. Do you think it's possible its prank call?

vicky (Executive )     18 January 2012

these are the fake call i have also received the same but need not to worry

I don't have any mobile bills pending. It was a strange call though, he told me that a summon is issued in my name and cross checked my address then informed me that summon is going to be sent to police HQ of my state and I'll be presented infront of Delhi High Court. When I asked him regarding the nature of summon, he just asked me not be clever and hung up. Do these kind of things happen before delivery of a summon? do police usually call up using their mobile phones to cross check an address before delivery of a summon? 

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     18 January 2012

Worry not, it is just summons, recieve it.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

junaid adil (owner)     19 January 2012

Big thanks to all you who were kind enough to give your suggestions. Is it possible for me to find out if a summon is really issued in my name from delhi court? I am very distressed since recieving that phone call, I'd do anything to clear this mess up and have some peace of mind. Any suggestion/help will go a long away.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     19 January 2012

Yes, find on Delhi Courts website.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Thanks a lot zeeshan, forgive my ignorance but can you tell me how to find a summon or summon status in that website?

I did, it's showing 'no case' do you think I should take it a prank call then?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register