LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     01 January 2012

President of india must act to save lokpal bill:

President of India must exercise its Constitutional power to save Democracy and Lokpal Bill by summoning joint sitting of the two Houses to resolve the deadlock.

Learning

4 Replies

S C KHOSLA (Ex - Scientist `F`& Head (SPPD))     02 January 2012

The same proposal was given by me yesterday morning under Forum `Lok Pal Bill and Common Man`. However I do not know whether joint session is called by ruling party or President of India. The author could have picked the same thread instead of new one.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     03 January 2012

President after consultation with the Chiarman of the Council of States and the Speaker of the House of the People, may make rules as to the procedure with respect to Joint sittings and communication of the two Houses.The President has the power to call both Hoses for a Joint sitting. This has happened on three earlier occasions over a deadlock in passing the Bills.

pranesha a n (civil servant)     06 January 2012

art.74(1) of our costitution "There shall be a Council of Ministers with the Prime Minister at the head to aid and advise the President who shall, in the exercise of his functions, act in accordance with such advice: .........art 108  is closely connected with 73  and 74 if that is the how can the president directly summon the joint session of the parliament for lokpal bill? it is also to be noted that lokpal bill is neither rejected  nor treated as deadlock bill vide art 108 partly attracts art 108 (1) (b).  showing our concern over lokpal bill is different thing but constitutional provisions does not permits the president call for a joint session.

(Guest)

First time a civil servant seen active in this forum. We welcome him. Lokpal bill with 187 amendments ? I think we do have a lot many more important legislations awaiting to be passed. This LOKPAL can wait.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register