Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     21 March 2009

Time to change the words "Vakalatnam" into English to avoid Confusion in the Court with power of Attorney?

Dear All,

India that is Bharat, does not only consists of Hindus, but there are Muslims,Christians,Parsis etc,etc. And those who are not acquinted with hindi words like Vakalat get confused with power of Attorney, though the two are distinct words and expression under different Acts of the Parliament, like the PA Act,Advocates Act,CPC and Stamp act etc. As such, time has come to convert the words Vakalat into approproate english words, to avoid any confusion in the court and waste of time.

Learning

6 Replies

M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Advocate & Consumer Rights)     21 March 2009

I think there is no confusion in the Court about name of Vakalathnama.  Where is the question  wastage of Court  time  ?

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     21 March 2009

Dear Perumalji,

From my own experience I am sharing my problems. perhaps I will send you the details in your mail.

M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Advocate & Consumer Rights)     21 March 2009

Dear Sir,

I am eagerly awaiting your mail on the subject matter.  I hope on going through your mail  I can understand the problems faced in the Courts at other parts of the country  for further discussions. 

With regards

m. piravi perumal

S.PRANOYSHUBHRA (Advocate)     21 March 2009

Please do share the mail with us so that we could be also aware of the problems faced by you but till date I havn't faced any problem in that regard. 

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     22 March 2009

Dear friends, it is somethinf like trying ti hide washing our dirty linean before the Nation.So let me share it by mail.Yes, permalji, I am sending  it.

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     22 March 2009

Brother Assumi is inquistive and accademical. But I don't find anybody in my 31 years of experinece both rustic, illiterate etc who cannot mug up Vakkalathnama. In Malayalam also Vakkalathnama is called as Vakkalath. It now has an english upgradation. So forget about that. The other thing PA is called Mukthiar. What about in other language. There must be some confusion in others then only they need an advocate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register