Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreejith (DM)     13 December 2011

Ancestral property

I am from a Hindu Nair Family aged 29 years

I am in the 4th generation of my family (Great GF > GF> Father > me)   , my grandfather inherited property of 4 acres from my great grand father

Great grad father and grandfather expired and the property is still in grand father’s name , currently my father is trying to transfer the property to his name

In all the 4 generations there were single son(Great GF > GF> Father > me)  in the family with no other siblings

My father is planning to sell the ancestral property without any share for me and mother

Please advice my right on the ancestral property inherited from great grandfather

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     13 December 2011

You are entittle to claim your, your sisters and your mother's share in the share of your father in the ancestral properties.  For this you will have to suit for partition and seperate possessiont, 

Sreejith (DM)     13 December 2011

Thanks a lot for the reply

I am consulting a lawyer , do you suggest any relevant sections or acts from rule book

Rajesh (Analyst)     13 December 2011

I have a similar question. My Grandfather was having ancestral house which he sold and got other house 50 years back . And currently he has many acres of ancestral agriculture land.  He is having 2 sons and 2 daughters.

Can he gift the house and agriculture land to any of his sons or daughters or grand children legally or it has to be divided equally to all sons and daughters?

Thanks..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register