LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VJVJVJVJVJ (Professional)     07 December 2011

Relinquishment deed

I was joint owner of a house property along with my sister, which was bequeathed on both of us after deat of my parenst. I have signed a relinquishment deed in favour of my sister, to make her complete owner of the house in settlement of loan taken from her.

That relinquishment deed (RD) is not yet registered.

What is the time within which she has to register that RD so that she becomes complete owner?

Can I bring objection for registration of RD if she goes for registering it? Whether my wife has any right to object to registering that RD?

We both are Hindus.

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     07 December 2011

An unregistered relinquishment deed with respect to immovable property cannnot be considered as a proper relinquishment deed at all. I hope this answers all your subsequent doubts.

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao (legalquestadvisor@gmail.com )     09 December 2011

Dear VJVJVJVJ

The RD executed by you is valid and registerable within 4 months from the date of execution. However, for that you are required to attend the concerned Registration office for fullfilling the required formailities.

If you want to go back from your agreed deal with your sister, then the said RD will become invalid. however, she can file a case for specific performance for registration of the said document before the Registration Authorities to make it valid.

shahrukh (manager)     06 January 2012

Father died 20 years back. Out of 9 heirs, 4 sisters signed an RD in favour of remaining 5 brothers. now can brother no1 and no2(20% each) sign an RD in favour of brother no3 making him the owner of total 60% of the undivided property? 

PS. MUSLIM FAMILY

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register