LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sujit kumar hota (NA)     25 November 2011

Arya samaj marriage

I plan to get married according to arya samaj mandir. I understand that I will be getting a certificate for it.

I am not a resident of Delhi but wish to get married in Delhi arya samaj mandir.

I want to ask:

1. Whether the certificate by Arya Samaj is valid for all legal purpose?

2. Do i need to register @ the registrar . If yes then I dont want to wait for 30 days and need it done asap, what do i need to do (Both the partners are of same caste  and religion)

Any help will be useful.

Learning

6 Replies

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     25 November 2011

U CAN GET MARRIED AT ARYA SAMAJ, 

They issue certificate that u r validly married as per rituals

It is not sufficient :

You have to fill up form For Registration of Marriafe at Local Body, say Municipal Corporation, and get a Marriage Registration  Certificate. Thats all. The Local Body will isuue it on the basis of Arya Samaj Certificate of Marriage. ++

U need LC Age Proof, Photo Id, Priest name & add Two witnesses, Ration Card for residential proof of one of you, & ur Photos to satisfy Local Authority . 

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     26 November 2011

Dear Sujit,

Only Arya Samaj marriage is not sufficient, you have to register it or get court order.

I can help you to do the same within 48 hours.

you may contact me at 09814110005 or mail me at adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     26 November 2011

But for that you have to appear in Chandigarh.

Dilip Kumar (Owner)     10 December 2011

Sir how can i get divorce i had marriage in arya samaj plz reply

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     10 December 2011

@ Dilip Kumar

arya samaj marriages are governed by HMA, 1995. 

apply for divorce in competent court.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     10 December 2011

1. Whether the certificate by Arya Samaj is valid for all legal purpose?

marriage will be valid, governed by HMA. further u have to register the marriage.

2. Do i need to register @ the registrar . If yes then I dont want to wait for 30 days and need it done asap, what do i need to do (Both the partners are of same caste  and religion)

30 days period is required for CIVIL MARRIAGE (many times referred to as REGISTERED MARRIAGE), which is governed by Special marriage act. 

registration of marriage & civil marriage are 2 distinct, independant entities.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register