LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

G. K. Tiwari (ADVOCATE ( TAXATION ))     30 January 2009

POA

Can I do power of attorny to purchase immovable property on behalf of me.

If, no, Why ......

If , yes, How........

And What is legal status................

Learning

10 Replies

sanjeev murthy desai (Advocate)     30 January 2009

intersting question

Shree. ( Advocate.)     30 January 2009

Certainly NO, A Power of Attorney is a legal instrument that is used to delegate legal authority to another. The person who signs (or executes) a Power of Attorney is called the Principal. The power of Attorney gives legal authority to another person (called an Agent or Attorney-in-Fact) to make property, financial and other legal decisions for the Principal.

A Principal can give an Agent broad legal authority, or very limited authority. The Power of Attorney is frequently used to help in the event of a Principal's illness or disability, or in legal transactions where the principal cannot be present to sign necessary legal documents. It can be either for all purposes ("General") or for a specific purpose ("Special" or "Limited"). 

G. K. Tiwari (ADVOCATE ( TAXATION ))     30 January 2009

Dear Shree Sir,

can I made  a POA to purchased immovable Property By another person on behalf of  me.....................

Try to understand my question.....................Please Give me a practical ans.

Shree. ( Advocate.)     30 January 2009

Dear Tiwari Sir,

I have got a challenging question that has me a bit stumped. I appreciate your ideas how to answer it. Just need some time to write it good,  Please have a little patience or  now do you have any answer for your interesting query better  you want to share please post it now. 

Sushil Kumar Bhatia (Advocate)     31 January 2009

Dear,

Simple If a Firm owned by me and I am Sole proprietor of the firm and firm wants to purchase a property because firm is not human body I being proprietor of firm can empower myself to purchase the property

Sanjeev Tewatia (Advocate)     31 January 2009

yes

we also be gave the attorney to anybody for working on our behalf like a bank gave the power of attorney to their managers for work for the bank.

and other way in a legal proffession a client gave us power of attorney in the form of Vakalatnama for working on their behalf

S.PRANOYSHUBHRA (Advocate)     31 January 2009

yes, you can definately appoint a constituited Attorney for the Purchase of immovable properties but  intrestingly your admittanece as Purchaser is not required for such purchase and only the Sellers admittance of the document is important with the acceptance of the consideration money and discharge of his right titke interest. 

Shree. ( Advocate.)     31 January 2009

Dear Sirs,

Just wanted to thank you for answering question. It is so great to see that there is someone out here kind enough to take the time to answer very important questions to such delicate situations and I appluad you for it.. Now maybe i can rest my mind at ease. I hope, Thank you again. And thanks for taking the time. There are others like me that just dont have the answers and we are so thankful for it. So please keep up the great work..

Kuljit Pal Singh (Legal Professional)     02 February 2009

Dear Friends

Certainly u can do so, now a days most of the transactions in relation to immovable properties is been done in this way to save stamp duty and registration charges. But such PoA should be given bearing in mind that it may not get revoked in future.

Regards

sanjeev murthy desai (Advocate)     06 February 2009

Firstly thanks forum and all of you,

I observed the above answers and  i finally concluded that POA  can execute my self when there is two entity are available otherwise not possible.

sanjeev desai

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register