LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankur Bhartia (AM)     24 June 2011

Landlord Creating Problem

Hi I need a help and a protection from my landlord. I taken a residential property of 360 Sq. Yard on a lease on 01/03/2011 for some business purpose, but that property is costing me very high and also because of the behavior of landlord so decided to quite and gave verbal notice on 2nd of June 2011. When i took this building on rent i asked landlord to pay his earlier dues related to electricity, water, etc. at that point of time he said he will do it but now when i am receiving the bills he did not cleared his past dues and asking me to clear all the dues as it is consumed by me. When i said i will not be paying it till the time past dues are cleared so he and his family members started using foul language and fighting and they placed their lock on the main door as well so that we cannot vacate that place. I said i have sold my entire stuff to someone and that person need to take the things out so kindly let me get the money and what ever i have consumed i will according to it but he is not ready to listen. One day my maid locked the main door and went out for some work landlord's brother and some other relatives jumped over the wall and came inside and went in and consumed alcohol, when i came to know about it i went to talk to them then they started saying that this house is mine and i can come inside anytime and do anything over here. I don't know how to handle this as it becoming pain to me and i need to vacate this house by 30th of june so i do not pay any more rent for the next month but they are letting me to do that the cost of my furniture in the building is of approx 1.5 lakh which he do not want to release. on my end i need to pay approx of 18k of electricity bill till 30th of june 2011 and 3k of water bill some repair work will cost me approx max of 5k over all i need to spend 25-26k to get everything cleared but his intentions are clear that we should pay all the dues which is a very huge amount approx. of Rs. 50k which is actually not ours. now secondly he is running commercial activity in his residential property and when i took this property i made the lease agreement in my business name, so will it create problem for me or i can take legal actions against him. Please advice Thanks

Learning

1 Replies

Ankur Bhartia (AM)     24 June 2011

Hi sir

please call me on 9911077900 so that i can make you understand my problem or provide me the number where i can call back.

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register