Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vikram singh (advocate)     31 December 2008

can a regular news contributor on contract basis is eligible for gratuity

hi all of you,

'A' is working in company 'B' which is news paper publisher.'A' was appointed on

contract basis 20 years back.one fine day he was retrenched in the year 2007.

1.can 'A' claim for gratituty or any other amounts from the said company.being a contract employee.

any citations of  SC.

pls very urgent

Learning

4 Replies

Manish Singh (Advocate)     31 December 2008

its a contract of service and it doesnt mean that the said person is not an employee of the establishment. he is very well entitled for gratuity amount for the period he worked with the co.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     01 January 2009

Manish singh is absolutely right. 'A' can claim for gratituty or any other amounts from the said company.being a contract employee.

AnimeshJoshi (Sr. HR Exective)     10 January 2009

My Company is a pvt. Ltd Co. we are in s/w education . I am working hear vfor May 2003 to till date , my co did'n deduct PF that case can I Get gratituty or any other amounts from the said company.

AnimeshJoshi (Sr. HR Exective)     10 January 2009

My Company is a pvt. Ltd Co. we are in s/w education . I am working hear from May 2003 to till date and my salary is Rs.15000 PM Consolidate , my co did'n deduct PF that case can I Get gratituty or any other amounts from the said company.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register