LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anitha (se)     02 June 2011

Daughter got cheated

My daughter got cheated by her boyfriend. They were in a relationship for 7 years now. He had spoken to us formally asking to marry our daughter. I came to know that he has been using her both monetarily and physically. My daughter would never have involved with him physically had he not promised to marry her. The boy knows that too. He opened the topic with his family after he got a job last year. But they did not agree cos we were not of the same caste. The boy is now settled in the US. He had asked us to meet his parents in India. But they slammed their door in our face.We have been trying to reach out to him through mails and phone calls but he never picks up. He does not pick up any of the common friends calls too. His parents are staying with him there now for 6 months. My daughter is now devastated. She has been trying to end her life. We have been taking her to a counsellor and is under medication. We applied for a tourist visa n went to meet them in the US. We wanted to talk to both his family and him. We had asked for a meeting. He declined and threatened to call the cops!

I can not see my daughter go through this. Her life is ruined! I need justice..Can I file a case against that boy for cheating? And his family for discriminating us on caste?

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

Dear Client,

As after observing ur case, its true that u r having lots of option to punish him and his parents as well...

but finally if v talk abt the nutshal / conclusion... "what one should do if ur daughter or he is not ready to marry with each other..." if under some pressure it will happen... at last ur daugher will not b happy... and then the matter of Divorce will come in ur mind...." its seem bad but a fact too...

so, i here y suggest u to better go though the matter, keeping all the ins & out of ur daughter life... abt her future and then take any action.

or in case of any more advise/ info, better u can get in touch with me.

Manoj kumar,
Advocates,
Delhi High Court,
Delhi.
Ph: 09310443650 / 09319220768

Email: advocates.agra@gmail.com

"Speak less to the people whom you like most... Because if they can't understand your silence ......They can never understand your words...!!"

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     04 June 2011

"He had spoken to us formally asking to marry our daughter."

----      have you any written document or only oral?

if you have written document, or witness more than two when he falsely promised; then not you but your daughter may file a police complain, of rape charge. rest will be done by the police.

also may complain mahila thana or mahila cell of your area.

you may contact local thana for the above.

Anitha (se)     09 June 2011

He spoke to us reg the marraige. All their friends are aware of this. He has even sent mails promising her a marriage. Can i file a rape case? their relationship was consensual. But ofcourse, my daughter agreed only cos he had promised marriage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register