Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

T RAVI RENGARAJAN (administration)     29 May 2011

PENSION FOR BLIND DAUGHTER

can any one suggest or cite any judgments on the following:-

my friend who is a retired central Govt. Employee of Group D and having one daughter who has been declared 100% blind. I think there is a provision in Central Govt. Pension Rules that family pension can be given to those wards who is either mentally retarded or physically handicapped.  This is a old rule. But I do not understand whether the blindness is coverinig the handicappedness or not. In fact in the policy of reservation there is a quota for employment for visually handicapped, in that case why the govt. is not allowing the poor pensioner to get the pensionary benefits for his blind daughter. The pay and accounts officers have refused that there is no provision in the rules.  I request the members to kindly enlighten me about the rules. is there any judgments in this regard. if yes kindly send the same to my mail id trr1262@gmail.com   so that i can pass on the same to the needy person.

Learning

1 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     19 November 2011

You can consults Rule 54(6) of CCS (Pension) Rules. This rules are available on the website of the govt of india deptt of pension.

I PAO has refused pension conttrary to rules. YThe person can immediately file case in CAT.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register