Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mdxyz12@gmail.com (mdxyz12@gmail.com)     05 May 2011

498a -How to ensure proper investigation report is submitted

Hi All,

Need urgent advice.

I made some RTIs to DGP of State Police on my 498a/406/34 IPC FIR. The impact has been that the SP has directed the DSP to complete the investigations asap and to submit a report . This is what the SP has written to DGP in his letter in response to RTI application, and we have been provided  copy of the same letter in response to RTI application.

The requested information although is denied stating that the case is still under investigation. 

HOW CAN I ENSURE THAT POLICE FILES CORRECT INVESTIGATION REPORT AND NOT A COLLECTION OF LIES? 

Can I consider writing to SP to give us a chance to have a look at investigation report before its filed? 
Can I write a letter to District Attorney/ Advocate General etc. in this regard? 

What else can be done. Senior members please help. 

Advocates - who have been in such situations before for their clients, help me with some killer suggestions. 

Thanks
MD.

Learning

3 Replies

mdxyz12@gmail.com (mdxyz12@gmail.com)     07 May 2011

Kindly help me with your comments on above.Will highly appreciate any advice.

Thanks

MD.

Siv (engineer)     12 May 2011

Hi Mdxyz,

If you have FIR copy with you then ask the police (IO, Inspector and his seniors via Registered post) through a letter or through RTI to supply the complete allegations details with evidence to get reply from you with your evidence beofre finalizing the charge sheet.

Then its duty of the police to respond to you without fail else you will tell the court to return the charge sheet. Do not send your evidence prior to knowing the actual allegation because police may change the version of complainant such that case become strong. Hence get certified copy of the complainant version and her supporters (witnesses) version then see whether all the details of the allegations are present or not viz, offence date, time, place and the witnesses for that allegation at the crime place etc.... then give your reply indetails and the evidence that is avalable etc.... send this reply to alll police oficers so that the IO can not do anyhting wrong to you....

Again telling you after gettng the complete crime details only you give your reply till then do not commit and do not disclose your evidence .... else ploce will take chance to frame a good story for which your evidence will not be sufficient to defend yourself....

seema (manager)     05 September 2012

My brother is contestting on his own against the false cases. 498a was filed in year 2006 and the police has submitted the chargesheet to the court...can he file a rti  application to the same police station  for getting to know the process they followed while arresting myself and my family members

regards

seema

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register