Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

leena (student)     25 April 2011

Can a lawyer be so greedy or irresponsible??

Dear All,

My father hired a lawyer to file a case for our neighbour regarding mental harrasment. We hired the lawyer few weeks before and paid him Rs. 5000/- in advance as he asked the fees of Rs. 11000/- for whole case. Yesterday, 24th Arpil, 2011,  morning he called up and said that he wanted to have Rs. 6000/- today itself my dad said to him that tomorrow i.e., 25th Arpil, 2011 we will meet in the court as its our first hearing we'll give you there and then he denied and asked for it right away. My dad with my mom went to his house as he has his office in his house only. His daughter came outside and asked my parents if we have any appointment with him or not we said no we dont. she said that come after calling by evening then my dad asked the lady that where we should call as his number is always switched off. And by later evening the lawyer called up and said that " I'll not take your case as you misbehaved with my daughter" now please help me by telling where was our mistake. Today we have our first hearing and we are unable to get any lawyer on the last moment. My dad is trying to take the next date so that we could arrange a lawyer.

But being a law student i m very much upset with the behaviour of a lawyer. are really the lawyers so irresponsible?? or Greedy??

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

Hello!

Well, as you are a law student, you will soon experience the reality thoroughly within 3-4 years. The problem you have seen till now is just "too less"

But, again I must say, there are exceptions everywhere. Not all lawyers are like that. I hope you will become a good lawyer and will try to improve the system :)

1 Like

leena (student)     26 April 2011

thanx for your reply!!

my motive of doing law is to change the system only. i have to be a good lawyer.

(Guest)
Originally posted by :leena
"
thanx for your reply!!

my motive of doing law is to change the system only. i have to be a good lawyer.
"

Great young lady!...Our nation is in serious need of such youth! keep it up and best of luck

1 Like

Thrust law group (lawyertrust)     27 April 2011

A lawyer should be true to his mind .

some lawyers are very greedy.

Lawyer should be responsible to his duty.

By Thrust law group | Phoenix divorce attorney

leena (student)     27 April 2011

thanx buddy!!

live and let live

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register