Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sourav (CEO)     25 April 2011

Railway Refund

Dear Sir,

I had booked a Railway Tatkal Ticket vide PNR No 2318089140/2218089496 for 8 PAX from Delhi to Moradabad on 18th march 2011. Due to the Jat agitations going on, the Railways cancelled the train. Due to the normal cases where the Wiatlisted tickets get refunded automatically in case the tickets do not get confirmed, I did not lodge any report for refund of money thinking that it would come automatically. Now after one month when the refund didnt come, I called up IRCTC only to know that a certain TDR form needs to be filled to claim refund and that too within 30 days of the train journey date. Since I had crossed the 30 days limit, the railways said that the money is forfeited.

I need to ask a simple question that when the Consumer is in no fault, and despite succumbing to the last minute hassles of a railway cancellation, now if he is asked that the money would also not be refunded, I think it tantamounts to gross looting by the railways. How can they forfeit a legal money paid by a consumer to book a ticket and that too the train was cancelled by them at the last minute.

The amount is a palry amount but someone needs to tell me as I want to file a case in Consumer Court so that the Railways are put to task for such gross inept policies of theirs.

Also if the above case is at all tenable.

Rgds

Sourav Mukerjee

Learning

1 Replies

hema (law officer)     25 April 2011

Railways is the most irresponsible govt. Deptt. which does not bother about public.  They never bother about clean toilets in the stations and in the trains, proper hygenic food, no security for women (recent episode of accident of Arunima or some other girl, who was a foot ball player lost her leg due to dacoits in the train) etc. etc.  The railway minister does not bother to give even a single statement and is touring the whole West Bengal to rule that State.

I tell you one thing.  After every railway accident, they declare compensation to the dependents of deceased and also the persons, who met serious injurieis.  But only a trickling few really get the compensation that too after paying heavy bribe.

The railways not only have to pay the value of the ticket, damn with their rules and applications and also you raise compensation very heavily due to cancellation of your journey.  You can do it by filing prescribed application before consumer court.  You require perseverence and you will certainly win.

Warm regards, 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register