Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     26 February 2011

Lady hits hubby's lawyer with chappal,illtreated by mob

Woman trashed for hitting husband's lawyer with slipper

CHENNAI: A young woman created ripples on the Madras high court premises on Friday when she slippered an advocate, allegedly because he made some insinuative comments at her.

Soon after, Gayathri (25) of Adyar was punched by a group of advocates and dragged to the nearby police station by her hair. The news spread like wild fire and nearly 100 advocates stationed themselves outside the B-4 police station on the court campus demanding her custody. Police personnel had tough time managing the crowd and answering their queries.

Gayathri, accompanied by her 65-year-old father Dinakar Kumar, had come to the family court in connection with her divorce case proceedings.

The advocate, Balasubramani, later lodged a complaint with the police stating that Gayathri picked up a quarrel with him because he was representing her husband Karthik in the divorce proceedings. "She insisted that I do not appear for her husband. When I refused, she slippered on my cheeks several times," he alleged.

Police registered a first information report for offences such as voluntarily causing hurt, use of criminal force with intent to dishonour a person and criminal intimidation against Gayathri and her father. Both were later produced before the VII metropolitan magistrate at George Town.

While remanding them, the magistrate noticed contusions on Gayathri's face and sought to know the reason. When she explained that she had been thrashed by a mob, the magistrate ordered her to be taken to the government hospital for treatment. Her father too was provided treatment at the hospital.

While advocates condemned assault on a lawyer, that too inside the court premises, an advocate-relative of Gayathri told the police that she did not deserve to be treated like a common criminal.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/Woman-trashed-for-hitting-husbands-lawyer-with-slipper/articleshow/4090335.cms

Learning

10 Replies

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     26 February 2011

oye!

ye kya hogya?

zimmerzapper (student)     26 February 2011

sad...

(Guest)

frustrating

Advocate Anuj Anand (Advocate)     27 February 2011

sad and too bad

Mohammed Rizwan Shaikh (AM)     27 February 2011

Hi Roshni,

Kahan Kahan se news latey  ho ......anyways keep up the good word !!!!! by the way where r u from?

Rizwan

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     27 February 2011

thanks rizwan.

i am from delhi.

"news kaha se laati hu"- it's a secret!   :)

Mohammed Sajid Khan (Advocate)     27 February 2011

misunderstanding...........!!!!!!

Deepak Vasudevan (Tech Architect)     28 February 2011

I think the groom's lawyer is also at fault for abetting and triggering her with his insinuative comments. What action has been done against that lawyer or is he roaming scott-free already?

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     28 February 2011

Originally posted by :Deepak Vasudevan
"
I think the groom's lawyer is also at fault for abetting and triggering her with his insinuative comments. What action has been done against that lawyer or is he roaming scott-free already?
"

i fully agree with you here..

sometimes lawyers from the opposite parties say provocative things because of which the opposite side's petitioner/respondent overreacts.he is already fed up of the slow moving judicial processes.on top of that,such provocations.

also see this lady is coming with an aged father who's 65 yrs. old. who's also suffering with her.

pankaj gupta (self)     02 March 2011

lawyers are court officers during the course of day therefore the conduct of accused are liable to be treated equal to the same happen with a Govt employee

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register