Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shadab (n/a)     21 October 2007

Leave without Pay during Notice Period

Hi

I am  female and have resigned from my current organisation and have given a notice period of 3 months as per contractual terms, However i applied for leave without pay for 30 days due to personal matters by email to the HR Head. But the same is not being approved by the company. Instead they have starting sending threatning letters for disciplinary action for absentism from duty.

Questions ?

a) Pls advise what are the rules for the same.

b) Am i entailed for such disciplinary actions in case of unapproved un paid  leave during the notice period.

c)  I also donot have any pending work to be executed nor the employer is giving me any work to do.

d) I plan join back only during the last week of the notice period. I understand there is some law governing this. Pls advise

e) The employer has also started humiliating me at the workplace by changing my seat and have even vacated my cabin completely which is assigned to people at managerial level and put my seat in between the clerical staff people. What law states about this

An early response would be appreciated

Regards

Learning

2 Replies

Shambasiv (n/a)     10 December 2007

What is the latest position?

Deepak Kumar (ECS)     08 July 2008

Hi Shadab,

Just as an FYI, most of the times you can't apply for any leaves SL, PL or LVP etc once you have resigned from your company. However, they can't treat u like the way u said they are treating you, unless another person is replacing you. That's the reason we serve notice period.  I'd suggest you to join your work and then take any suggestions or actions ffurther by checking our great lawyers on this website.

I'm an Employee too and have resigned recently, and had a great fight in this regard with my management, so I'm suggestion you not to give them any chance.

You can check on leave info from your HR. I know that they all will be against you, however, you need to look for a friend in HR department for this info.

I hope this helps.

Deepak.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register