Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

LegalCurio (Manager)     19 January 2011

Registering a Non Disclosure Agreement

Hello Everyone

I have downloaded a format for a non-disclosure agreement from the internet. Now before using it, I think one has to get it registered on stamp paper or something. Can someone please tell me what the formalities are regarding proper registration of a non disclosure agreement. I am working on a starup and so dont have letters with company letter-heads etc. As of now, the non-disclosure agreement will be signed between myself and a second party. How do I register the agreement so that it is a proper legal document?

thanks everyone for the help

Learning

6 Replies

Swati .... (Legal )     20 January 2011

Non Disclosure Agreement  is a legal contract between at least two parties that outlines confidential materials or knowledge the parties wish to share with one another for certain purposes, but wish to restrict from generalized use.

NDA has to be ideally on Rs. 50 stamp paper duly notarised, or refer to the state stamp Act where it is executed. In case of other party being an International client, in such a case on letter head or original sheets would take care.

In the event of dispute, the validity would depend on how you register the contract. You can have a legally binding contract registered between two parties. Indian Contracts Act deals with such issues.

-Swati Nagwan

LegalCurio (Manager)     20 January 2011

So for two local parties, it has been to be on Rs 50 stamp paper, but how do we register to it so as to make it legally binding? thanks

Swati .... (Legal )     27 January 2011

NDA is to protect your confidential business information from disclosure to outside persons or entities. Registration of a document arise when there is a transaction for a immovable property . Here, in this case this agreement is purely for exchange of the business information. You can get the agreement printed on non -judicial stamp of Rs.50 and get the same notrized to avoid any dispute in future.

(Guest)

Tottaly agree with Ms. Swati's advise, good luck

Teena (Owner)     07 February 2012

Hello,

I have a similar query.  

The non-disclosure agreement will be signed between myself and my employees.  I have not registered the company (proprietorship in nature), its a young startup.  Is the stamp paper required in this case, or can I have the agreement printed on plain paper or make a letter head?

apoorva (none)     08 February 2012

Hi !

I have a query regarding registration of an NDA. I'm getting a web-site made and need to get an NDA signed by the web-developer so that he does not leak my idea. Is it supposed to be made on a stamp paper and be notarized? Also, both the parties(i.e. me and the web developer) are in different states, so where do i get it registered?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register