LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ADEPU SRIKANTH (MANAGER ACCOUNTS )     08 December 2010

LEGAL HEIRS

Sir, recently father has expired and father has some properties.  All the properties were hard earned by my father.  We are left with mother and my brothers and we do not have sisters. 

My question is who is a legal heir for my all father's properties.  Is mother or we all but if we want to sell any one of the property.  Is it mandatory that we get any certificate from any competent authority (we got now our father's death certificate) or is it enough to produce.  We do not have any disputes between us till now.

Learning

5 Replies

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     08 December 2010

respected sri kanth ,

if ur fathe leave any type of will?

if the property is ancestral or self accqured .

if property is ur father .the property is divided in-- ur mother ur all brothers ur all sisters (if have )

A V Vishal (Advocate)     08 December 2010

who is a legal heir for my all father's properties

Ans. All the Class I heirs viz. your mother, you and your brothers take equal share in the property.

Is it mandatory that we get any certificate from any competent authority (we got now our father's death certificate)

Ans. Mutation of the property in the names of all the legal heirs is suggested to avoid future disputes.

Amit Bose (Professor)     08 December 2010

My name is Amit Bose and I am from Jabalpur.

I have a Question that

Whether Sister's son  has got the right to claim his Mother's share with his Maternal uncle when the Property is registered in the name of Maternal Uncle and Sister was already died ? Please reply

Thank you

Amit Bose

M.No 9300799061

E-Mail Id amitboseonline@gmail.com

caroline samuel (editor)     09 December 2010

one of our relatives died, so the legal heirs were his sister, who is 80 years old, another brother's wife, who is 70 years old, and 4 daughters of the brother's wife who are 40 - 45 years old and another brother's daughter have signed for the arrears of the deseased person. now, when the money comes, how should it be divided?

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     09 December 2010

i also agree with vishal sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register