LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Asha Pole (Legal)     25 October 2010

Board meeting via video conferencing

If board meetings can be held via video conferencing, can someone provide me the section under which it could be carried out? If so kindly provide me the procedure or any special care to be taken while preparing the notice of the board meeting.

Learning

5 Replies

CHANDAN MAHAPATRA (COMPANY SECRETARY)     25 October 2010

My reply to your query is as under:-

1. Present Companies Act does not  contain any provisions under which Board Meeting can be held by Vedio conferencing. Hence all Board Meeting have to be held in physical form.

2. The only near there to would be to pass an agenda through circulation in terms of S.289 of the Companies Act. Even here the resolutions passed by circulation has to be ratifed at a duly convened board meeting subsequently.

3. The Companies Bill has a proposal in the lines in which you seek, but the bill is yet to be passed into an Act and hence has no strength.

4. You can also look up Secretarial Standards on Board Meeting wherein vedio conferencing and its do and don't have been covered by the institute. It may help through some light

1 Like

Asha Pole (Legal)     26 October 2010

Technically speaking video conferencing should be allowed since many of the court cases are being held on video conferencing. However I have gone through the standards but then companies act has not yet enacted any provision on the same. I just wanted to be sure incase i i have overlooked any such provision

Thank you Mr. Mahapatra

Janettfung (student)     29 December 2011

You could use premises-based video conferencing appliance. Compared with SaaS solution which hosts your data at a third party's place, appliance makes all data stay inside of your law firm. So, it is secure.

videofacepc   07 August 2020

If you are a new Apple person and do no longer have an Apple ID, we can manual you thru the entire system in detail. In case you own an Apple ID, it'd take a whole lot less time as a way to installation the FaceTime. facetimeforpcfree.com If you are the usage of Windows then you definitely definitely ought to study this Facetime for PC manual.

shilajitprice   08 August 2020

Vinegar is added to the second batch, and the solution is stirred. Within 30 min or so, the colour of the answer have to begin to lighten perceptibly. Pure Shilajit Lightening typically happens first close to the pinnacle of the pattern. One can be capable of look at fog-like precipitation toward the bottom of the glass.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register