Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

smith sharma (lecturer)     27 August 2008

AN IDEAL JUDGE

Hi,

ALL THE RESPECTED MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM PLS TELL ME                                                WHO  IS

AN IDEAL JUDGE?

THANX

WITH REGARDS

MIS. SMITH SHARMA[LAWYER]

Learning

9 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     27 August 2008

In some theories of applied ethics, such as that of Rushworth Kidder, there is importance given to such orders as a way to resolve disputes. In law, for instance, a judge is often called on to resolve the balance between the ideal of truth, which would advise hearing out all evidence, and the ideal of fairness, which would require keeping some evidence unfairly gathered or impossible to validate out of the process.

Shree. ( Advocate.)     27 August 2008

open to evaluating all arguments clear on their paradigm to debaters in the lapse of paradigm clarification, attempts are made to steer away from bias ,dont require things of debaters (like offense/defense). just pick the winner.

"As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we all must be most aware of change in the air - however slight - lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness." - Justice William O. Douglas

"there is nothing more difficult to carry out, nor more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to handle, than to initiate a new order of things" - Machiavelli

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     28 August 2008

Shree, that is an excellent piece of comments on Ideal Judge. I really appreciate it.

Rajan Salvi (Lawyer)     28 August 2008

As pointed out by Socrates, a quality of a judge will be measured by his capability ;

to consider wisely,

to behave courteously,

to hear patiently , and

to decide impartially.

I think the above sums it all.

smith sharma (lecturer)     28 August 2008

Thanx a lot Assumi sir, Shree sir n Rajan sir.Thanx to given me ur valuable opinion.

Thanx

With regards

Miss. Smith Sharma[Lawyer]

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     29 August 2008

No body can define an ideal judge. Becuase i have never seen any one or going to see any one. Ideal is a word which can suit to environments. The ideal will change from place to place. For Maliki's people of iraq saddam's trial judge is an ideal one. But for saddam's people it is not. But generally speaking an ordinary judge must have a judicious mind. He must be impartial, must have sense of law, he should not be guided by extraneous matters like news and media. Simple qualities of a good man is sufficient for a good judge. But there is no ideal judge.

prof s c pratihar ( urologist &legal studies)     03 September 2008

ideal judge----sirs, your knowledgeable expressions are more than money can buy.drscpratihar

prof s c pratihar ( urologist &legal studies)     04 September 2008

philosophy is a science that enjoin all sciences that is the basic of NAYA SASTRA-ie-foundation of reasonings.duty bestoid in HIM is THE JUDGE.must have the quality of a superman.---TAGORE wrote-dandadata(WHO PUNISHES )KANDE JABE(when he cries)DANDITER SATHE(with the convict)SARBASHRESTHA SE BICHAR(that is the best judgment) such shal be the quality of an IDEAL JUDGE. drscpratihar

mayank shukla (legal profession)     24 October 2009

perdeptions may differ as to what is ideal in a judge but rajan salvi has given all the qualities of an ideal judge, a la socratese.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register