Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Madhu (Accountant)     26 September 2010

Property registration

Dear All,

Kindly clarify me the below points

We have a property heired by my Mom,Mom's elder sister and Mom's Younger sister. Mom's elder sister is settled in singapore, My mom is no more.Mom's elder sister can't come for property division because of health reason. She doesn't want that property in her name she want to get it distributed among my daughter and my brother's daughter , and my mom's younger sister's grandchildren, the property is in jointly in the name of three sisters. How can we get it registered without she being present here. My Mom's elder sister has two daughters (Un Married).

Help me!!!

Madhu

Learning

2 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     26 September 2010

The property should be partitioned first among the heirs and let your Mom's elder sister execute a gift deed of her share in favor of those children and let her execute power of attorney in your name for registration of the Gift Deed before the Sub Registrar of your district. Refer to section 32 of the Indian Registration Act of 1908.

1 Like

suresh (Advocate)     27 September 2010

Dear Mr.Madhu,

First your Mom’s elder sister execute power of attorney any one of your family members.

On the basis of power of attorney you can enter partition deed between all the family members,

In the partition deed according to your Mom’s elder sister you can give their respective share in the property

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register