LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swati (Executive Secratary)     17 September 2010

Mental Harrasment

Hi, I want to know, if your employers are harrasing you mentaly, then how should you tackle them.

Learning

7 Replies

(Guest)

Legally - You can serve legal notice through a lawyer. (Maybe practicising advocates can help me out here. I am guessing, Industrial Disputes Act? or Factories Act?)

Ideally- Its better that you lay low for some time, get all the feedback you need, do not answer back or retort. Introspect if its really harassment or just you overreacting due to office politics. Go by the rule book for your job responsibilities. After a month, ask for a meeting with the top boss (even if its the same person who is harassing you), and politely point out how you feel. If he is smart enough, he will understand and do something about it.

Realisitically - How long have you been working with this company? If its less than 6 months, i would say, stick around and let it pass. Employers usually have this tendency to establish seniority and supremacy over new comers. If this is not the case, and you have other options change the job. If you are good at your work, you shouldnt care about the company.

Aman Morya (Mgt. Trainee)     17 September 2010

"Employers usually have this tendency to establish seniority and supremacy over new comers." - Well said by Tushar

70% Boss always do like that but leaders never...

“The boss drives people; the leader coaches them. The boss depends on authority; the leader on goodwill. The boss inspires fear; the leader inspires enthusiasm. The boss says I; The leader says WE. The boss fi xes the blame for the breakdown; the leader fi xes the breakdown. The boss says,
GO; the leader says Let's GO! "

Every leader is the boss but every boss is not the leader.

talk and behave politely and politely point out how you feel. If he is smart enough, he will understand and will do something about it and if then also not understanding then find another job and then u take ur revenge.

(Guest)

Don't get into law. Pay some Hirjas to enter your office and for "Blessing" the boss with a second baby from a second "Wife".

1 Like

Annakumar V (Sr.Manager-HR & Compliance)     18 September 2010

can anybody distinguish neotiation and bargaining ?  Pl

V.Annakumar

karma (mother)     18 September 2010

Hi Swati.. i understand that being mentallly harassed by our employers can be a very taxing situation.. it is a helpless feeling and i too have undergone the stress .. 

I am not sure if you are asking for a legal recourse but the thing i did was to ask other collegues indirectly if they too felt the same.. find out if there is higher authority and if they are approachable.. 

Write an email to the higher authority [(with a cc to the current boss)so that there clarity] stating your difficulty. If we are not brave enough to stand for ourselves, the bullies are bond to harass us all the more.. 

In case there is no one to complain, then tell him outright, let him know how you feel . . and face the consequences.. It is better to take a break and join somewhere else rather than listen to things which leave you handicapped Mentally for the rest of your life.. 

P.S:   USE THIS AS LAST RESORT.... BE PREAPRED TO BE FIRED !! 

(Guest)

Hijras should do the trick:)

rahul (asa)     12 October 2010

mail can also do the trick

i have an experience of it

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register