LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subramani (BUM)     11 September 2010

Non payment towards supply of material

Mine is a proprietorship concern and I have supplied material to a pvt. ltd co. in the year 2004-05 & 05-06.  I stopped supplying after the company defaulted on payment, however, continued to make meager payments till 2009 giving me hope that the bulk payment would be made soon.  Now the company has totally stopped making payment and I have lost most of the delivery documents.

In the absence of delivery documents can I file a suit against the company?  I think the outstanding must be reflecting on their balance sheet.

Learning

2 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     12 September 2010

Since you propose to the file the suit, you need to have solid proof of your claim. You may issue a legal notice setting out the details of your claim and depending upon the response take suitable advice from a lawyer, producing the list of proofs available, proofs not traceable and/or that may be available at the hands of the company, to get specific advice.

moss (officer)     13 September 2010

there is no crime in trying such a thing.for the fact you really supply them materials,there might be one one two person or document that still with you but,explain every details to your lawyer.now, get to know how to relate and know how to file the remaining document and get a good lawyer 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register