Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kulanthaiyan (engineer)     28 August 2010

ICICI Personal loan harrasment

Hi,

i need a help with a personal loan issue . I had taken a personal loan in my name in the year 2006 from ICICI bank in chennai. I had taken it for one of my office friend who was in urgent need of help. later i had moved to bangalore due to my work. I had no idea that the loan EMI wasnt paid by him and this was mainly because i had no intimation from the bank that EMI was not paid and there was no sort of communication. The loan amount was 80,000.  During this time i also had my own personal medical issues for which i couldnt think of any other. 2 months back ICICI bank had contacted my parents at my home address and were asking about the loan, my parents managed to pay an amount of 15,000 as a part of settlement. They wished not to involve me because of my financial situation. But now the bank employees seem to be harassing them everyday and they couldnt live peacefully anymore there. Bank is even threatening them that they would create a ruckus at my place.

I know that it was my fault, that i shouldnt have taken it for another person and since he was an office colleague no one seem to be able to trace him on where he is. we are ready to even pay the amount for settlement but we need more time for which the bank doesnt seem to be ready. They are threatening that we have to pay the rest of the amount in the next 3 days. i want to know how to proceed , if they pressurise more we wouldnt be able to pay back, we need more time from them. Also i want to know if my CIBIL rating can be restored and how long would it take for that to happen. i thought of applying for a loan and pay the ICICI bank, but due to this incident i was told that i wouldnt be able to get a loan approved.

i urgently need some help on this .

Learning

4 Replies

nitish neilesh sanga (lawyer)     28 August 2010

kindly go through the supreme court judgment on private bank harrassment matter....i'm hereby attaching the same judgment.

Attached File : 4 4 private bank harrasment.pdf downloaded: 281 times

icicibankcare (Bank)     09 September 2010

Hi,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please write to us with your contact details at care@icicibank.com and we will get back to you soon. Kindly refer "711855" in the subject line.

Regards,

ICICI Bank Customer Service Team.

Originally posted by :kulanthaiyan

"
Hi,

i need a help with a personal loan issue . I had taken a personal loan in my name in the year 2006 from ICICI bank in chennai. I had taken it for one of my office friend who was in urgent need of help. later i had moved to bangalore due to my work. I had no idea that the loan EMI wasnt paid by him and this was mainly because i had no intimation from the bank that EMI was not paid and there was no sort of communication. The loan amount was 80,000.  During this time i also had my own personal medical issues for which i couldnt think of any other. 2 months back ICICI bank had contacted my parents at my home address and were asking about the loan, my parents managed to pay an amount of 15,000 as a part of settlement. They wished not to involve me because of my financial situation. But now the bank employees seem to be harassing them everyday and they couldnt live peacefully anymore there. Bank is even threatening them that they would create a ruckus at my place.

I know that it was my fault, that i shouldnt have taken it for another person and since he was an office colleague no one seem to be able to trace him on where he is. we are ready to even pay the amount for settlement but we need more time for which the bank doesnt seem to be ready. They are threatening that we have to pay the rest of the amount in the next 3 days. i want to know how to proceed , if they pressurise more we wouldnt be able to pay back, we need more time from them. Also i want to know if my CIBIL rating can be restored and how long would it take for that to happen. i thought of applying for a loan and pay the ICICI bank, but due to this incident i was told that i wouldnt be able to get a loan approved.

i urgently need some help on this .
"

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register