Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sharathchandra (n/a)     15 July 2008

ESI Leave

Dear friends,

One of our employee who is irregular for work has started availing ESI leave to escape for being charge sheeted for absenteeism. He has already availed 36 leaves in 4 months. Can anybody tell me as to how to counter this?

Sharath

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     24 July 2008

Mr. Sharathchandra,

No employer shall dismiss, discharge, or reduce or otherwise punish an employee during the period the employee is in receipt of sickness benefit or materinity benefit,nor shall he, except as provided under the regulations, dismiss, discharge or reduce or otherwise punish employee,during the period he is in receipt of disablement benefit for temporary disablement or is under medical treatment for sickeness or is absent from work as a result of illness duly certified in accordance with the regulations to arise out of the pregnancy or confinement rendering the employee unfit for work. No notice of dismissal or discharge or reduction given to an employee during the period of sickness etc. shall be valid or operative.

Guest (n/a)     15 September 2008

Dear Ram,

let me thank you first for your support to various posts , with a hope you extend the same let me know whether One can voluntarily be out of the ESI Policy.

regards,

Prasad.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 September 2008

yes. U can by applying to the concern.

PBS KUMAR (HR - PROFESSIONAL)     21 October 2008

Dear Ramachari ji,

Your answer is acceptable, but some times the employee frequently absented his duties with ESI leave. The Leave may be recomanded / accepted by the ESI doctors, but the importance of his duty in that particular section may by very essential. If such situations what kind of action should be taken ?

Regards,

PBS KUMAR

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register