Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rohit roy (engineer)     30 June 2010

Received Legal Notice

Hi All,

My wife got angry on me for simple reasons and sent me a legal notice after approaching a lawyer. What ever I did till now is to make her happy. The notice says that I have changed my behaviour drastically and annoying her for small to big things... she is being ignored, and it will come under housewife harrassment..bla..bla..bla.. But, sending a legal notice hurt me a lot, as to make her happy I ignore myself. I never abused her in a wrong way, even she accepts those are small things but very big/concern to her. Now she wants to take divorce. In the process she approached a lawyer and sent me a legal notice.

FYI, our's is Love marriage in Arya Samaz. Her parents are not supporting her now.

Could you please advice me how to react to this Legal notice? should I approach a lawyer? what is the exact way to react?

Learning

6 Replies

legaljoe68 (member)     30 June 2010

go for counselling and ask ur wife to attend the same . ask some good NGO ( not theh greedy ones) to patch up the case . urs is not the spoiled case. somebody is instigating her . act wisely and live happily.

all the best

(Guest)

She is plannig to file DV Case against you not Divorce be sure of that.
The best way to respond is to make a lovely love letter praising her and comparing her to a "cow" nothing lesser and ask her to join matrimonial home and also offer money for train / flight ticket.

Illustration:

Wife: How is dinner !
Husband: Ok
Wife: What just OK
Husband: Yah if I say salt is less then you will say domestic violence and if say salt is more then you will say mental cruelties refernec to DV Act
Wife: What.......you are no more romantic to me
Husband: Yup, If I show more romance then it is s*xual violence under DV Act
Wife:Darling...leave aside all these Law seems someone is brainwashing you 
Husband: Honey, I am the same husband of yours as you met me on day one but if I say more then it is verbal abuse as per .....

So on so forth so ram jane......
All the best. Rgds.

rohit roy (engineer)     01 July 2010

Thanks Mr. Arun for your information.

Till now we are under one roof. She said she will leave me and go to her grand parents. She clearly told me that she started processing for Divorce legally. I think this might be the first step she has done for that.

If I too want to take Divorce, what is the best process? And I dont want to give these tensions to my parents any more (My parents are staying seperate). Everytime, she blackmails me like, I will go to my grand parents.. I will go and join a hostel and so on.... It is totally mental torture to me for small small reasons and issues. I am not able to concerntrate on my career. She will be too aggressive, if she disturbs of something like shouting loudly, throwing away the things.. it is very inconvenient to me.

Please advice me what I need to do to take a clean divorce. I should avoid my parents in this and some maintenance stuff women ask in divorce cases (I heard about  that People say it will screw up the man's life).

Thanks in advance.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     01 July 2010

I DO AGREE WITH THE VIEWS OF MY LD. FRIENDS.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     01 July 2010

.......   ha........  ha ..............       ha..............

it is a good joke.

it is a joke to all bettered husband.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     01 July 2010

first you decide what you want - keep it or leave it?

your first posting indicates your inteion to keep it but your second posting indicating - incline to leave it.

your mind set up changed less than 24 hours.

for to leave, the best procedure is mutual divorce.

for keeping her, - purchase a car in her name and send it by registered post alongwith the copy of her legal notice.

in the envelop, superscribe the words - 'reply to your legal notice'

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register