LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vaishali (wife)     01 July 2010

is the appeal period in a marital suit in the high court 30r

Hi, please tell me if the appeal period limitation to appeal in the highcourt is 30 days or 90 days.. I heard in 2003, it has been amended for 90 days instead of 30 days.In my case the trial court erroniously granted divorce on the ground of cruelty.. while had appealed for restitution of conjugal rights... it was granted on 19-4-2008... I had difficulty in procuring the documents in the trial court and my lawyer was not accessible.. hence I appealed on 8-7-2008. High court admitted the case condoning the delay..meanwhile my husband alleged that he had got married on 27-6-2008, hower high court reversed the order of the trial court and passed judgemnt that since he has got married after the judgemnet was passed int he trial court, yhe marriage is irretrivebly broken.. recoommended the same.. my husband has filed in the supreme court on the ground that marrige is broken and that he has taken a second wife and they have a baby? so my question is is the limitation period 30 days or 90 days? can the court grant me divorce as he has taken second wife.... why should I suffer, when I am made a scape goat

Learning

2 Replies

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     01 July 2010

yes limitation period is 90 days and you an get divorce.

vaishali (wife)     02 July 2010

But I dont want divorce, I am fighting against the divorce

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register