LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shubham Dwivedi   17 September 2019

Consumer complaint against gym [help needed]

Hi friends, I have a query. I want to file a consumer complaint against my gym in the District consumer forum. The service at my gym is terrible, the bathroom/changing rooms are dirty and the behaviour of staff is highly unprofessional. There is also a time limit set on treadmill usage and the fitness instructors are negligent towards clients and only favor those who have opted for personal training services thereby limiting the machine usage available to clients also. friends please guide me as to how I should proceed with filing the complaint, what evidences can I attach and how much compensation should I claim. Any help is appreciated Thanks.

Learning

2 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     17 September 2019

1.  You have to prove the alleged negligence & deficiency has prejudiced or hurt or caused you harm in any financial /emotional way, before you can file any grievance petition in the local consumer court.

2. IF you are aggrieved and harmed, THEN firstly issue notice to the Gym owner, as to how you were harmed or any loss was caused to you and claim damages /compensation /refund.

3.  IF the Gym owner fails in any way, THEN based on available documentary evidences and witnesses, you may then file grievance petition in the local consumer court, claiming the damages /compensation etc....

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     18 September 2019

You can file a complaint in the consumer court. But you have also to state the specific redressal that you seek. The consumer court can order redressal for the past actions of the club. But to set the situation right with regard future it will be a tall order. You have too many complaints. You ask for monetary compensation for the pass actions and quit the club. Giving evidence for each and every complaint of yours will also be difficult.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register