LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yuvaraj D   09 September 2019

Resignation - earned leave encashment - anna university

I have put more than 10 years service at Anna University, Chennai as assistant professor. I have resigned from the service to start consultancy. I was not given Earned leave encashment and Gratuity benefits after resignation. University says not applicable if resigned as per tamil nadu government rule and Anna university Rule. I am not able to get document. I would be grateful if some one clarify me.

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     09 September 2019

An employee or nominee/ legal heir can complain to the controlling authority, i.e., the assistant labour commissioner, in case of dispute under any of the following conditions:

a) If the employer refuses to accept the application filed for the payment of gratuity;
b) If the amount of gratuity paid is less than what an employee feels should be paid;
c) If after receiving the application, the employer fails to specify the amount payable to the claimant and/or fails to make the pa ..

Yuvaraj D   09 September 2019

Thank you verymuch for your prompt reply. The Anna Univrsity, Chennai, Tamil Nadu  is not accepting the leave encashment and gratuity settlement if resigned from service.  Is there any law exist that enchasment of Earned leave is applicable during service and lapses if resigned. And enchasment is given if retired from service due to superannuation. Similarly, for graduity. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register