LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vaibhav Rajput   09 September 2019

ipc 279 for taking wrong turn

hello all, a fir has been filed against me under IPC 279 just for taking a wrong turn , what is the way to defend myself if I plead not guilty , it's nothing police were standing there no harm they asked me to stop so I stopped my bike and they register under 279 , if I plead guilty will that put me in criminal record ?

Learning

3 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     09 September 2019

Do traffic violations go on criminal record?
A simple traffic ticket is not a criminal citation. Minor traffic offenses are civil citations, which means they are not considered misdemeanors (or felonies) and are not a part of your criminal record. As a result, a speeding ticket will not show up on a background check if the check focuses on criminal histor
1 Like

Vaibhav Rajput   09 September 2019

Thanks for your prompt response sir , I was just wondering whether it is good idea to plead not guilty and convert it into any MVA act , or pay the fine and get away with it

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     11 September 2019

Section 279 in The Indian Penal Code
279. Rash driving or riding on a public way.—Whoever drives any vehicle, or rides, on any public way in a manner so rash or negligent as to endanger human life, or to be likely to cause hurt or injury to any other person, shall be punished with im­prisonment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to six months, or with fine which may extend to one thousand rupees, or with both.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register